Batman's Chef's Note:
I created this low carb enchilada casserole last night because my husband and I both LOVE Mexican Food and we're trying to stay on Atkins. We used homemade enchilada sauce. Next time I'll try it with chicken. We both loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400.
- 2Wash and peel eggplant.
- 3Cut eggplant into 1/4" pieces.
- 4Brush eggplant pieces with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 5Place eggplant on baking sheets in oven for 20-30 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and let cool.
- 7Cook ground beef in stovetop skillet with onion, salt and pepper to taste. Remove from skillet and drain.
- 8Turn oven down to 350.
- 9To assemble casserole, oil a 9x9 baking dish and place a layer of eggplant in the dish. Spread 1/2 the ground beef over the eggplant and spread 1/2 the enchilada sauce over the ground beef. Spread 1/2 the sour cream over the ground beef. Sprinkle 1/2 of cheese over the top. Repeat steps with remaining eggplant, ground beef, sauce, sour cream and cheese.
- 10Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Eggplant Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.6
- Calories from Fat 346
- Total Fat 38.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 106.7 mg
- Sodium 705.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 24.4 g