Recipe by Zeeva22
Delicious version for the Atkins diet. Totally satisfies the carb crave "normal" chicken parmigiana. Made Mr. carb starved into Mr. happy as he has a delicious version of his favorite Italian dish.
Top Review by Rita~
The measurements are off. I had a lot of the cream mixture leftover. I also cut the pork rind mixture in 1/2 which was perfect amount. 4 tablespoons of garlic salt??? I can`t see anyone able to enjoy this with that much salt? It is salt laden from the cheeses and rinds. Also if using the caponata it too has salt. I did use tomato sauce in place of the caponata. I love it but my guys wouldn`t eat this with the caponata. Where does the dried basil go? This recipe does need tweaking. I made for PAC 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327522.
BREADING (AS DONE BY Lv2Sun recipe 82987)
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) packagesplain pork rinds
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs thin sliced chicken cutlets
- 1 (24 ounce) jarvictoria caponata
- 1 (8 ounce) bagfinely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- nonstick cooking spray
- lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- As written by Lv2Sun, in a small bowl combine the mayo, eggs and cream.
- Be sure that the mayo is blended well and doesn't clump.
- Crush bags of pork rinds and then, in a separate bowl, combine them with cheese, parsley and garlic salt.
- Take each cutlet and dip in the egg mixture and then rind mixture.
- Place the cutlets in a sprayed glass dish.
- Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Top the cutlets liberally with the sauce and then with the cheese.
- (Note, the victorias caponata only has 4 total carbs per serving and is just delicious!).
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- You can place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes if you like the bubbly look.
- Tastes fabulous.
- You can't tell that it is low carb!