1/3 Photos of Low Carb Delicious Chicken Parmigiana (Parmesan)
Delicious version for the Atkins diet. Totally satisfies the carb crave "normal" chicken parmigiana. Made Mr. carb starved into Mr. happy as he has a delicious version of his favorite Italian dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
BREADING (AS DONE BY Lv2Sun recipe 82987)
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) packages plain pork rinds
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons garlic salt
- 4 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 lbs thin sliced chicken cutlets
- 1 (24 ounce) jar victoria caponata
- 1 (8 ounce) bag finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- nonstick cooking spray
- lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2As written by Lv2Sun, in a small bowl combine the mayo, eggs and cream.
- 3Be sure that the mayo is blended well and doesn't clump.
- 4Crush bags of pork rinds and then, in a separate bowl, combine them with cheese, parsley and garlic salt.
- 5Take each cutlet and dip in the egg mixture and then rind mixture.
- 6Place the cutlets in a sprayed glass dish.
- 7Drizzle with lemon juice.
- 8Top the cutlets liberally with the sauce and then with the cheese.
- 9(Note, the victorias caponata only has 4 total carbs per serving and is just delicious!).
- 10Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- 11You can place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes if you like the bubbly look.
- 12Tastes fabulous.
- 13You can't tell that it is low carb!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Delicious Chicken Parmigiana (Parmesan)
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1058.5
- Calories from Fat 554
- Total Fat 61.6 g
- Saturated Fat 25.9 g
- Cholesterol 424.8 mg
- Sodium 1998.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 107.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: