The crust needs to be made ahead so that it has time to chill.
Make and share this Low Carb Deep Dish Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano or 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces Italian cheese blend or 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- garlic powder, to sprinkle on top
- assorted pizza toppings (pepperoni, ham, sausage, 4 ounce can mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, ground beef, etc.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Whisk in eggs until mixture is well-blended and smooth.
- Add the Parmesan and seasonings, then stir in the 8 ounces of mozzarella until completely moistened.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly in a well-greased 9"x13" glass baking dish or lightly greased and lined with parchment paper (see note below).
- Bake at 375ºF for 20 to 25 minutes or until evenly browned, but not too dark; let cool completely on a wire rack.
- When nearly cooled, take a metal spatula and carefully pry up the edges to loosen from pan.
- Ease the spatula under the whole crust to loosen.
- Keep crust in the pan; this makes it easier to remove the finished pizza later.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, until shortly before serving time (this dries out the crust and makes it crisper).
- Spread chilled crust with pizza sauce, then cheese and toppings of your choice (pepperoni, ham, sausage, 4 ounce can mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, ground beef, etc).
- Lightly sprinkle with garlic powder and bake at 375ºF about 15 to 20 minutes or until toppings are bubbly.
- Let stand a few minutes before cutting.