Recipe by half yank
I found this in Better Homes & Gardens low carb, Phase I cookbook. This is almost a meal in one. It includes the eggs, crab and salad greens! Yummy.
Top Review by Merlot
Low carb or not, these are GREAT! Everyone loved the crabmeat in it...who would have thought. These deviled eggs will definitely make many repeat performances in this household. Thanks for sharing, Chef 440158.
- 6 eggs, hard cooked
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, snipped
- 1 (6 -6 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat, drained (remove cartilage if necessary)
- fresh chives (optional)
- low-carb salad dressing (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Half the eggs lengthwise and remove yolks.
- Set whites aside. place yolks in a bowl; mash with a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard and the chives; mix well. Stir in the crabmeat. Season with salt, and pepper.
- Stuff egg white halves with the crab mixture. Garnish with additional chives if desired. Serve with tossed greens, and low carb dressing.