Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice cream is my absolute favorite. I have not made this yet, but I created the recipe using several different recipes, and making it low-carb. I plan to try this soon. Let me know if you like it if you get to it before I do! Cooking time is freezing time =)
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups heavy cream (divided)
- 2 eggs (Can substitute equal amount of Egg Beaters)
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup natural-style peanut butter (salted)
- Melt chocolate in double boiler over hot (not boiling) water.
- Gradually whisk in 1st cup of cream, stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Whisk eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Gradually whisk in Splenda, then continue whisking 1 minute, until completely blended.
- Add the 2nd cup of cream, vanilla, and salt; whisk.
- Add the chocolate mixture; blend well.
- Fold in peanut butter in a swirl (Natural peanut butter will pour).
- Cover, chill, and freeze according to ice cream maker's directions.