Jennifer : ) Fisher's Note:
I got this off another recipe website. I 'tweacked' it to fit my taste. I also would like to try this recipe with an egg substitute to help reduce the fat. I used 6 oz ramekin dishes and had plenty to fill 8+ dishes. I made it for dessert and I enjoyed it as breakfast the next several mornings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Beat the eggs and add heavy cream, water, flavor extract, and artificial sweetner together.
- 3Blend well.
- 4Pour mixture into 6 to 8 ramekin dishes (depending on size).
- 5Sprinkle with the cinnamon or nutmeg on top.
- 6Place ramekin dishes inside a larger baking dish of cool water.
- 7Be sure the level of the water is 1/2 way up the dishes.
- 8Bake for 30 minutes or until center is firm.
- 9Let sit for 5 minutes before serving or refrigerating.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Carb Custard
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.0
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 314.0 mg
- Sodium 115.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: