Recipe by Jennifer : ) Fisher
I got this off another recipe website. I 'tweacked' it to fit my taste. I also would like to try this recipe with an egg substitute to help reduce the fat. I used 6 oz ramekin dishes and had plenty to fill 8+ dishes. I made it for dessert and I enjoyed it as breakfast the next several mornings.
Top Review by cookin' from scratch
Great recipe! I substituted low-carb milk for the heavy cream (adding 3 carbs but saving 700 calories), and it tasted great. Next time I will probably use a little more Splenda.
- 10 eggs
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 pint water
- 1 teaspoon almonds or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 -10 packets artificial sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon or 1 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat the eggs and add heavy cream, water, flavor extract, and artificial sweetner together.
- Blend well.
- Pour mixture into 6 to 8 ramekin dishes (depending on size).
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon or nutmeg on top.
- Place ramekin dishes inside a larger baking dish of cool water.
- Be sure the level of the water is 1/2 way up the dishes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until center is firm.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving or refrigerating.