A friend who is low-carbing it gave me this recipe. I think she got it from a low-carb website; I'm not sure. Use your imagination to come up with filling ingredients - this is simply my favorite variation.
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized heavy skillet.
- Saute green onions until soft and add the shredded ham and stir until slightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and heavy cream together by hand; stir in the onions& ham, broccoli,cheese and seasonings.
- Pour into a buttered deep-dish pie plate.
- Bake at 375degrees for 45-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- NOTE: You will have to tent the quiche with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning.
- Start checking it halfway through the cooking time.
- Let stand 10 minutes and cut into wedges to serve.