Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A friend who is low-carbing it gave me this recipe. I think she got it from a low-carb website; I'm not sure. Use your imagination to come up with filling ingredients - this is simply my favorite variation.
- 6 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices deli ham, shredded (more to taste)
- 1 small broccoli, crown cooked and chopped (or 1 sm. box frozen broccoli)
- 3 green onions
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized heavy skillet.
- Saute green onions until soft and add the shredded ham and stir until slightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and heavy cream together by hand; stir in the onions& ham, broccoli,cheese and seasonings.
- Pour into a buttered deep-dish pie plate.
- Bake at 375degrees for 45-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- NOTE: You will have to tent the quiche with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning.
- Start checking it halfway through the cooking time.
- Let stand 10 minutes and cut into wedges to serve.
This was delicious!! Both my husband and I loved it. I used bacon in place of the olive oil and ham and added just a few halved cherry tomatoes. Will be making this again and again!
This is a very good recipe. I traded 1/2 n 1/2 for heavy cream and chicken for ham. I needed to season the chicken before and add some more seasoning but it was very good.
Yummy! My husband and I have been eatting a low carb diet for over a year now and I'm constantly on the lookout for more recipes to change things up a bit. Instead of broccoli I cut up several mushrooms, onions, and half a green pepper and added it to the ham. I like the light and fluffy texture the cream provided in this dish. I ate the leftovers for breakfast this morning. :) I plan on making variations of this recipe in the future, thank you for providing the good bones.