A low-carb version of my favorite quiche, perfect for breakfast or brunch!
Make and share this Low-Carb Crustless Green Chile and Cheese Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper (optional)
- 6 ounces spinach, wilted (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for sauteing Spinach (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray or butter an 8-inch deep-dish pie plate or a 7" X11" casserole dish.
- * Optional: in a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons Olive Oil on medium-high heat, and add 6 oz. uncooked Spinach, and sauté until wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until well blended.
- Add half and half, cottage cheese, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Whisk in well-drained chilies and cheese (and wilted Spinach if desired).
- Pour into prepared dish and bake until top is golden and quiche is set in center, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool for at least 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.