Recipe by Sue Lau
I love spanakopita, but can't really have that while low carbing. I find this to be a good substitute while still losing weight.
Top Review by 1025979
This is so delicious. One recommendation, I liked to add a generous sprinkling of grated parmesan on top before baking. It melts and browns into a really nice crust that makes it taste more like "real" spanakopita.
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained & squeezed dry
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 8 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup plain nonfat yogurt or 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper