Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love spanakopita, but can't really have that while low carbing. I find this to be a good substitute while still losing weight.
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained & squeezed dry
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 8 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup plain nonfat yogurt or 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Stir together ingredients and bake in a greased glass pie pan for 45-50 minutes at 375°F or until firm and lightly browned.
- Cool 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
This is so delicious. One recommendation, I liked to add a generous sprinkling of grated parmesan on top before baking. It melts and browns into a really nice crust that makes it taste more like "real" spanakopita.
This is a great recipe. It tastes delicious but is so good for you. I followed the ingredients per recipe. I used 1/2 fresh spinach that had been steamed a little and 1/2 frozen. Made for ZWT4.
I love this recipe! I make them two at a time and eat it throughout the week. I don't find the recipe to be too dry, but I do usually substitute 2 tablespoons of MCT oil for the 1 tablespoon of olive oil just to increase the healthy fats. It always turns out perfect for me. :)