Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Easy comfort food that everyone loves!
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (can use stewed or whole)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans beef broth (can sub bouillon)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans mushrooms (can use fresh if desired)
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 lb pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Saute the sausage until brown.
- Drain grease from the sausage and place the sausage in a crock pot.
- Add all the other ingredients (except the cheeses) to crock pot.
- Cook in slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with cheeses.
This is a fantastic soup! It's delicious! If I owned my own restaurant this would be my house soup! The best thing about it is that it's so very easy to make
This soup is awesome! I made a few adjustments. I cooked the sausage and 1lb of super lean hamburger together with the onions and peppers. Drain the fat really well and then use napkins to soak up any additional grease. I also added a can of tomato juice to make it a little more soupy. Use the already sliced thin pepperoni's, I spread them out on a paperplate lined with paper towels and cooked in the microwave for a minute or so. Blotch all the grease with the towels. Pepperoni is super greasy. This will help out a lot. My entire office loved this soup. Thanks for the recipe!!!
We liked this recipe very much. I took the advice of another viewer, and added a can of Tomatoes with chili's. We loved it spicey. the only other thing I did was add 2 8 oz. cans of Tomato sauce. For those who do NOT like spicey foods, I would advise using just plain diced tomatoes. I really think two cans make a big difference.We even had leftovers the next night, and it was just as good as the first time.So easy to make! Simply throw it in a crockpot and forget it. I also made it a second time, and didn't use a crockpot. Took no more then an hour to prepare. Crumbled goat cheese was delicous on it!