Recipe by Helping Hands
I found this recipe on a low carb recipe site and I served it last night (my husband has been begging me to make Jambalaya and I finally found a low-carb version). It was excellent, easy to make, and had a nice kick to it (I added extra hot sauce, which might explain why it had a nice kick to it :-). If you are not eating low-carb, then I am sure you can add some rice to it (or serve it on top of rice). Enjoy!
Top Review by HeatherN
Really really good! I made a couple of substitutions, I swapped carrot for celery and chicken for shrimp. I also used diced tomatoes with chilies. Excellent flavor and easy to put together!
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml chopped green pepper
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped or minced)
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 473.18 ml turkey sausage or 473.18 ml smoked sausage, chopped
- 340.19 g prawns (cooked or uncooked) or 340.19 g shrimp, peeled, deveined (cooked or uncooked)
- 0.59-1.23 ml hot sauce (or more, depending on desired heat)
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients, except shrimp, and stir well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours (or on high for 3-4 hours).
- If shrimp is uncooked, add to crock pot for last hour (low) or last 1/2 hour (high).
- If shrimp is cooked, add to crock pot for last 15 mins of cooking time.