I found this recipe on a low carb recipe site and I served it last night (my husband has been begging me to make Jambalaya and I finally found a low-carb version). It was excellent, easy to make, and had a nice kick to it (I added extra hot sauce, which might explain why it had a nice kick to it :-). If you are not eating low-carb, then I am sure you can add some rice to it (or serve it on top of rice). Enjoy!
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped or minced)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups turkey sausage or 2 cups smoked sausage, chopped
- 3⁄4 lb prawns (cooked or uncooked) or 3⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined (cooked or uncooked)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce (or more, depending on desired heat)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Add all ingredients, except shrimp, and stir well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours (or on high for 3-4 hours).
- If shrimp is uncooked, add to crock pot for last hour (low) or last 1/2 hour (high).
- If shrimp is cooked, add to crock pot for last 15 mins of cooking time.
Really really good! I made a couple of substitutions, I swapped carrot for celery and chicken for shrimp. I also used diced tomatoes with chilies. Excellent flavor and easy to put together!
Great recipe! We cooked according to the directions. Thank you for posting!
Oh yum!!! this was fantastic. I made it to the recipe and added a wee bit more Tabasco to it as we like hot and it didn't disappoint. I am low carbing so I didn't have rice with it but DH did he never even twigged that it was low carb. A very nice recipe that I will be making as a regular. Thank you for posting.