1/1 Photo of Low Carb Crock Pot Jambalaya
7 hrs 7 mins
Helping Hands's Note:
I found this recipe on a low carb recipe site and I served it last night (my husband has been begging me to make Jambalaya and I finally found a low-carb version). It was excellent, easy to make, and had a nice kick to it (I added extra hot sauce, which might explain why it had a nice kick to it :-). If you are not eating low-carb, then I am sure you can add some rice to it (or serve it on top of rice). Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped or minced)
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups turkey sausage or 2 cups smoked sausage, chopped
- 3/4 lb prawns (cooked or uncooked) or 3/4 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined (cooked or uncooked)
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (or more, depending on desired heat)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1Add all ingredients, except shrimp, and stir well.
- 2Cook on low for 6-8 hours (or on high for 3-4 hours).
- 3If shrimp is uncooked, add to crock pot for last hour (low) or last 1/2 hour (high).
- 4If shrimp is cooked, add to crock pot for last 15 mins of cooking time.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Crock Pot Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (514 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.6
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 307.1 mg
- Sodium 1542.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 33.7 g