Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A hearty crock pot soup that is low in carbs and healthy for you too.
Make and share this Low Carb Crock Pot Italian Vegetable Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, fresh or canned
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup red wine or 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- 4 ounces turkey pepperoni, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar (I use Equal) or 1 g sugar substitute, packet (I use Equal)
- mozzarella cheese, for topping
- Place tomatoes, broth, wine, veggies, basil, salt and sugar into crock pot, mix well.
- Top with turkey pepperoni slices.
- Cook on High for 4 hours or on Low for 8 hours.
- Pour into individual soup bowls and top with mozzarella cheese.
I really miss soup on the Beach and thought I'd found a winner. I really didn't care for this but that may be because I didn't add the pepperoni. I don't think I'll be making it again. Sorry.
This is pretty good. I used half of a very large yellow onion, fresh mushrooms & followed your recipe. I added about a half-cup of water b/c it didn't seem quite brothy enough after I got everything in it. The only complaint I might have is against the turkey pepperoni - it just didn't seem to 'fit' this otherwise very flavorful soup. I wound up picking it out of my bowl. DH suggested maybe throwing in some leftover roast beef, or stew beef, which is what I think I'll do next time. Thank you! Gave our hectic Friday an easy & good-for-you dinner :)