Recipe by mariposa13
From The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook. Phases 2-4. Per Serving: 4 net carbs, 4 total carbs, 0g fiber, 6g protein, 31g fat, 320 calories
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 large egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 2 inches water to a boil in the bottom of a double boilder over high heat.
- In the top of the double boiler, combine the cream, water, egg yolks, splenda, salt, and vanilla.
- Set over simmering water to cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, about 4 minute.
- Transfer to bowls; cover surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- For chocolate pudding, add 3 tbsp cocoa powder and reduce vanilla extract to 1 teaspoons Use only 7 egg yolks.
- For coffee pudding, sub 2 tsp instant coffee for the vanilla bean.