Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
If desired, this vegetable side dish turns into a wonderful creamy soup just by adding more cream to the dish.
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter (I am following South Beach, so adjust to your preference) or 1 tablespoon olivio spread (I am following South Beach, so adjust to your preference) or 1 tablespoon Smart Balance butter spread (I am following South Beach, so adjust to your preference)
- 2 (21 g) wedges laughing cow light spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- salt and pepper
- In small saucepan, cover and cook Spinach until tender on medium to low heat.
- Add next 4 ingredients and stir until bubbly.
- By adding a bit more cream or milk, this turns into a wonderful creamy soup!
This was excellent...very fast and very tasty. I used a 10oz bag of frozen spinach that I microwaved before I put into the creamy sauce. Also, I used a mix of Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses versus the cheddar, which was just a personal preference. I didn't have cream on hand, so I mixed a bit of milk into sour cream as a substitute. This worked well. Thank you for posting this recipe!
Very quick and easy way to prepare spinach. I forgot to use the butter, but it still tasted yummy. I really enjoyed the flavors of the Laughing Cow cheese and the cheddar cheese. I had this as a side to Low Carb Chops in Bourbon Mustard Sauce.