Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sometimes it's hard to find diabetic-friendly recipes for traditional coleslaw, so I put together one of my own. Play around with the ingredients to find your preferred balance of salty to sweet to sour ratios. It's also great on top of BBQ pulled-pork or BBQ pulled-beef sandwiches!!
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup light salad dressing (like Miracle Whip)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute (equal to 8 tsp sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- Mix first six ingredients in a medium sized bowl until blended.
- Stir in the bag of coleslaw blend.
- Refrigerate for 30 min to 1 hour before serving.