Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
this is the best atkins-friendly dessert i have ever tried. my friend kiana came up with the recipe, and we eat it all the time to satisfy our sweet cravings. recipe can be easily halved.
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream (don't use light)
- 1 cup sugar substitute (i use splenda)
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 packages unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 -3 packets sugar substitute
- Cream Treat: in a small saucepan, combine whipping cream and sugar substitute slice open vanilla bean and scoop out all the black vanilla seeds, adding them to the cream-sugar mix place over medium heat, stirring frequently until mixture begins to boil (about five minutes) remove from heat and let cool.
- add unflavored gelatin and stir until well mixed.
- pour mixture into either individual jell-o molds, one huge mold, even a pie tin and refrigerate until mixture hardens Sauce: combine sauce ingredients and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes until water reduces run sauce through sieve and drizzle on cream mixture right before serving.
- you can also make this sauce with blueberries, raspberries, or any other low-carb (or even high-carb) fruit of your choice cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.