this is the best atkins-friendly dessert i have ever tried. my friend kiana came up with the recipe, and we eat it all the time to satisfy our sweet cravings. recipe can be easily halved.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream (don't use light)
- 1 cup sugar substitute (i use splenda)
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 packages unflavored gelatin
- 1Cream Treat: in a small saucepan, combine whipping cream and sugar substitute slice open vanilla bean and scoop out all the black vanilla seeds, adding them to the cream-sugar mix place over medium heat, stirring frequently until mixture begins to boil (about five minutes) remove from heat and let cool.
- 2add unflavored gelatin and stir until well mixed.
- 3pour mixture into either individual jell-o molds, one huge mold, even a pie tin and refrigerate until mixture hardens Sauce: combine sauce ingredients and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes until water reduces run sauce through sieve and drizzle on cream mixture right before serving.
- 4you can also make this sauce with blueberries, raspberries, or any other low-carb (or even high-carb) fruit of your choice cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Carb Cream Treat with Strawberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.8
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 86.9 mg
- Sodium 24.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: