Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is the best tasting soup ever! If you are on a low carb diet and can enjoy fats, but not carbs then this is awesome.
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 2 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- combine water, onions, garlic powder, salt, pepper, bouillon cube and spinach (I grabbed 6 large handfuls) in saucepan until it starts to come to a boil.
- Then add butter.
- Once butter melts add in heavy whipping cream.
- Cook for a few more minutes until spinach is desired tenderness.
- If you would like put spinach in food processor or blender to make it smaller pieces.
This is a tasty soup, but when I saw the whopping number of calories, I made several changes. As a low-carber, I normally don't pay too much attention to calories, but they seemed excessive. I cut the butter in half and briefly sauteed the onion in it. Then I added everything else except the cream, and simmered it for about 10 minutes. When I pureed the soup in my food processor, I then added 1 cup of heavy cream (not a full pint). Even with half the butter and half the cream it was rich tasting.