Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tasty soup - freezes well
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced very thin
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced very thin
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- in a large pot, combine cauliflower, broth, onion, carrot and celery. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook until vegetables are tender- about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add cream and water, stirr to combine. Pour portions the mixture into a blender and process until smooth; pour into a bowl. Continue with the remaining mixture. Set aside.
- Using the same pot, heat the butter over medium heat, add the mushrooms and garlic and saute until cooked.
- Add the pureed vegetable mixture and parsly to the mushrooms. Add hot sauce,salt, pepper and grated cheese and stir unntil melted.