Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a Low Carb magazine. It is perfect, since my son hates shellfish, and it makes a second serving for lunch the next day! It is so delicious!
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- 3 ounces mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 5⁄8 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 beaten egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon melted butter
- 1 pinch paprika (to garnish)
- Combine parsley, 1/2 tsp of lemon juice, egg, 1/2 tsp Old Bay, 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 1/2 oz mayonnaise, and melted butter in a medium bowl and whip until smooth.
- Place crabmeat in separate mixing bowl and pour mixture over top.
- Blend all ingredients together by tossing gently to avoid breaking lumps of crabmeat.
- Divide mixture into the individual ramekins and bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 1 1/2 oz of mayonnaise, half and half, Old Bay seasoning, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in mixing bowl. Whip until smooth.
- Top each ramekin of baked crab with sauce and pinch of paprika.
- Broil until golden brown.
- Option: sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
I liked this very much. I made it in a small casserole dish, and doubled the crab. Adding the cheese gives it extra flavor. I'll do this again. My dil wants to try it also.
I personally didn't care for this, as I found it kind of runny, but my husband loved it. I made it in a small casserole dish instead of in ramikins.