Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is adapeted from Old Bay Seasonings recipe.
Make and share this Low-Carb Crab Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- Pick over the crab meat for pieces of shell, etc.
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- (Except for Ketchup and mayonnaise for sauce.) Form into 4 patties.
- Pan fry in oil over medium to medium-high heat in large non-stick skillet, Cook approximately 3 minutes on the first side before flipping for the first time.
- Cook 3 minutes more on other side.
- Continue cooking until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with lowcarb ketchup and mayonnaise that has some old bay seasoning mixed into it.
These are fantastic! I was out of Italian style bread crumbs so I subbed three cheese with no ill effects. I browned them per directions them finished them off in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. A generous squeeze of fresh lemon was all they really needed, but a light pink sauce is quite good as well. The flavor in these crab cakes is outstanding and I will make them again.
Why not use ground pork rinds combined with italian seasonsings instead of bread crumbs? I won't use regular bread on LC.
I'm so happy to find such a good recipe for crab cakes. These were very reminiscent of some crab cakes we had in N. Carolina a few years ago. They were heavy on crab and low on fillers. These went together SO easily, so quick and easy and the patties stay together very well with no falling apart while sauteing. My husband said they were better than restaurant quality! I didn't make the ketchup and mayonnaise mixture for the sauce but I did combine tartar sauce with seafood cocktail sauce for a very nice addition to these cakes. This one is going into my 'best of the bunch' and this is how I'll be making crab cakes from now on. Thanks so much Barb for posting this recipe :)