Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try a low carb version of tasty crab cakes!
- 2 cups crabmeat, shredded (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (from low carb or whole wheat bread)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, minced
- 1⁄8 cup celery, minced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- flour, for dusting
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the flour and oil in a bowl.
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into 4 crab cakes, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Dust each cake lightly with flour.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Saute crab cakes in the oil on both sides, about 10 minutes, or until they are golden.