One Happy Woman's Note:
Easy peasy. Twenty minutes. Delicious. We make it with the 1-lb can of crab claw meat which is terrific (Trader Joe's, Lucky Market in the refrigerated seafood section) and runs about $9.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb canned crabmeat (or fresh, if you have it, can afford it!)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups clam juice or 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups seafood stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1Saute the chopped vegetables in the butter and Old Bay Seasoning.
- 2Add the stock, wine and tomatoes and simmer until vegetables are soft. Use less stock if you like a thicker bisque - one reviewer mentioned this was a little thin for her taste: no problem withholding, then adding some of the stock at the end until you get it the way you like it!
- 3Melt the cream cheese into the stock/vegetable mixture.
- 4Add the crab, heat and serve.
- 5Note: I use Redi-Base seafood stock base, available on line.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Crab Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.8
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 101.1 mg
- Sodium 868.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 20.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning