Recipe by momof2tots
This is the best cheesecake I have ever tasted low carb or otherwise! absolutely sinful! out of this world. I can't say enough. got this off Godiva web site and converted it low carb. the chocolate bars are available at any Walmart in the pharmacy (those are good too, but don't eat too much or you will get a very upset tummy.)
Top Review by susan29nj
My two daughters made this cheesecake for my birthday. It was the best cheesecake I ever had. Instead of using 12 oz of the sugar free dark delite chocolate, they used 9 oz of sugar free Hershey's Special Dark. I've never had the "real" Govida chocolate cheesecake, but if someone told me that my cake was the real thing, I wouldn't doubt it for a second. The only down side is, my daughters and I ate the entire cheesecake in two days.
- 12 ounces pure delite dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 27 packets Splenda sugar substitute
- 4 large eggs, at room temp
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup brewed hot coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Tightly wrap bottom of 9-inch springform pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Place chocolate in microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on med. power for 1 min. Stir.
- Microwave at 30 sec. intervals until chocolate is smooth. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese in mixing bowl until fluffy, using electric mixer at low speed.
- Gradually add splenda and beat until blended (be careful, it's feather light and will fly out of the bowl if you're too agressive with the beaters).
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Dissolve salt in hot coffee.
- Beat in vanilla and melted chocolate until blended.
- Pour mixture into pan and place in a roasting pan
- Pour hot water into roasting pan until the water comes up to about half way up the side of the springform pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 min. or until center is firm.
- Leave cheesecake in oven (turn off) prop oven door open and let cool in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove cheesecake from roasting pan.
- Cool cheesecake in the pan on wire rack.
- When cheesecake is cooled, cover with aluminum foil and chill at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Then remove sides of springform and cut into 12 wedges.