Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Comforting, rich and delicious!
- 20 ounces fresh cauliflower, 1 medium
- salt and pepper
Coney Island Chili Dog
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 hot dogs, sliced (optional)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- For the "rice", trim leaves and most of the tough stalks of the cauliflower, then coarsely chop into manageable pieces that will fit the feed tube of your food processor.
- Using the grating disk, process the cauliflower; put in a 2 1/2 quart casserole with a lid.
- Add 2-4 tablespoons of water, cover and microwave on HIGH 8-14 minutes.
- Stir every 4-5 minutes and check for doneness.
- When tender, but not mushy, add some butter; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the Coney Island Chili Dog, brown the ground beef; drain fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, mustard, seasonings and water.
- Add hot dogs, if using.
- Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Mix chili into the "rice"; add stir in cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350ºF about 20 minutes or microwave, covered, on MEDIUM about 10 minutes, until hot and bubbly.