Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Made this up to put on chicken breasts to make a "mock" chicken parmesan. Loved the results. Can use for pork chops, veggies, etc. Good with sweet potatoes.
- In a shallow dish combine soy flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder; mix well.
- In another shallow dish, mix beaten egg and milk together.
- In yet another shallow dish, mix parmesan cheese and parsley.
- STEP ONE: Dredge your meat in the soy flour mixture, knocking off all "excess" flour.
- STEP TWO: Dunk meat with soy flour mixture on it into the egg mixture, make sure there is egg on the whole thing.
- STEP THREE: Roll meat in the parmesan cheese mixture.
- Place on a foil covered baking sheet, make sure not to crowd it and place in the oven according to what kind of meat you're cooking.
- Chicken breasts--about 20-25 minutes; pork chops--about 30 minutes, depending upon thickness.
- Veggies are variable.
Make sure you use NON Genetically Engineered soy flour in your recipe if this will be feeding kids or possibly expectant mothers.Here is the website of the source for my concern: responsibletechnology.org
I like this recipe because it is wheat free! I used pork chops the first time and will use chicken on the next go around. Thanks!
Scrumptious! I used boneless pork chops, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt instead of regular salt. I ended up putting the meat under the broiler to get the coating brown and crispy. My DH and son both loved the results. Thanks for a great low-carb recipe to add to my cookbook!