Recipe by Fireflylover
I pulled this recipe off the net in 2003 when I was initially started low carbing. It has since become my go to recipe for something that will always add that sweet crunch that will keep me on the straight and narrow. If you are really watching your carbs, vanilla, pure or imitation, does have sugar in it. You need to look for the sugar free variety which can get quite expensive. I find they make great toppings for a low sugar ice cream dessert.
- 1 lb pecan halves
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar-free vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs, water and vanilla until thick and foamy but not stiff.
- Stir in pecans until thoroughly coated with egg mixture.
- Mix dry ingredients thoroughly in large measuring cup.
- Pour over pecans and stir well. Making sure the dry ingredients get a chance to coat all pecans.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 X 13 baking pan and bake fore about 35-40 minutes turning over and breaking up the pecans (they will stick to the pan and to each other) every 10 minutes or so.
- Cool to warm before eating. They do taste great warm!