Top Review by Diana Johnson || EatingRichly.com
I wanted to like these, but the taste was pretty chalky, like protein powder. They also tear really easy and were hard to cook, even after pressing them in a cast iron press. I finally froze my last few and cooked them frozen. But the taste was so unpalatable for me that I had to throw most of them away. I would try this again with a mix of other flours (chickpea, flax, etc).
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat gluten flour
- 1 cup powdered soy protein concentrate
- 3 tablespoons lard (not butter/margarine)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all flours, protein powder and salt.
- Cut in lard with pastry cutter.
- Mix in cilantro.
- Add water a little at a time mixing well after each.
- Form into a ball, cover and let rest 30 minutes.
- Form into 16 balls.
- Roll out between 2 sheets of waxed paper roll out tortilla thin.
- Fry in nonstick dry skillet until browned on both sides.
- Store between damp paper towels until all are done.