Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is in the book Protein Power. And all I can say is WOW!! It is now my favorite way to eat Pork Chops. On a diet or no. They are so creamy and delicious!!
- 2 pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons scallions
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushroom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley (optional)
- salt and pepper
- salt and pepper the chops.
- saute chops in 2 tablespoons butter and olive oil over medium-high heat.
- pour bourbon and swirl around until a thin glaze.
- Add scallions and mushroom and cover pan for 5 minutes.
- crush thyme and sprinkle over chops.
- add mustard and cream cover the pan and simmer for 25 minutes.
- take chops out of pan and set on plates. add remaining butter to mustard sauce.
- pour the sauce and mushroom over chops and serve.
- Optional sprinkle with parsley.
Oh my goodness! How delicious! I was on low carb for about 6 months and lost over 60 pounds. What delicious meals we are allowed to eat! (And my cholestrol came down from 325 to 150) This is so good! I gave it five stars because I'd make it again tomorrow without hesitation! I can't wait to try chicken instead of pork chops. They would have to be just as good. I did increase the cream to 3/4 cup, and I doubled the bourbon. Yum, yum!Easy dish to make, and served it with just a simple salad.
Great-tasting sauce! always love finding something different that works with a low-carb diet, though I can't help but think that this would be great over a bed of egg noodles or pierogies... I didn't have cream, just added a couple tablespoons of half n half. Thank you
This is fantastic as others have stated. I can hardly wait to make it for company.