Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A diabetic variation of a chocolate cake recipe dating back to the 1980's. This has not been tested yet.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream first four ingredients together with an electric mixer.
- Add egg, vanilla, and sour milk, mixing until well-blended.
- Sift dry ingredients and add.
- Mix in zucchini last.
- Spoon into greased and floured 9" x 13" pan and sprinkle top of cake with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325 for 45 to 50 minutes.