Nana Lee's Note:
Found this on LCF, a very friendly low carb site. Nice to use with all those LC cheesecake recipes. You can use this in a springform pan as well as the stated pie pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350º F.
- 2Spray a 9-in pie plate (not glass!) with cooking spray.
- 3In food processor, process nuts until almost becomes a nut butter.
- 4It should be finely ground, like meal, but just starting to "cream" on the sides/bottom of the food processor.
- 5Add Splenda and cocoa, pulse until mixed in thoroughly.
- 6Melt butter.
- 7Transfer nut mixture to medium sized bowl, and drizzle with melted butter, tossing with a fork to coat.
- 8Press nut mixture onto sides and bottom.
- 9Bake at 350º F for 11 minutes (do not overcook as this will make the crust taste burnt!).
- 10Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Chocolate Pecan Crust
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.4
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 0.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 2.1 g