Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Allow enough chilling time for this decadent treat to chill before cutting.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 ounce baker's unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons peanut butter
- Melt cream cheese and peanut butter in microwave for approx 2 minutes, stopping and stirring at 1 minute intervals.
- Melt chocolate in separate bowl until creamy.
- Combine chocolate with cream cheese mixture and whisk in Splenda and cream.
- Pour into buttered glass pan and chill at least 4 hours.
- Cut into 16 squares and enjoy.
- Note that this recipe yields a more "gooey" fudge than traditional fudge, but if you want more uniform squares, place pan in freezer for 30 minutes before cutting.
This was not good. It tasted fake due to the sugar substitute. I would not make again.
This was a good starting point for me. I added 4 squares of unsweetened bakers chocolate to the melting phase, 3 Tbsp Truvia (a stevia sweetener-helps sweeten & tempers the splenda aftertaste a bit) and then since I couldn't taste the peanut butter, I decided to make it a cherry chocolate & added 1tsp of cherry flavoring extract.
This recipe has potential. I didnt like it as written. I could taste the heavy aftertaste of the slenda. Next time I will maybe try a liquid splenda or another brand. The texture was good.