Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
Made either chocolate Mints or Choco-Peanut Butter Cups from the same recipe.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract or 2 -4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 15 packets Splenda sugar substitute (or 30 teaspoons = 5/8 cup)
- Put cream cheese and butter in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute to soften.
- Blend all ingredients in bowl.
- Use EITHER extract or peanut butter, depending on which type of chocolate you desire.
- Spoon into paper muffins cups and chill.
- Store in refrigerator.
I did not care for these. Ended up throwing the whole batch out. The texture and taste was off.
This is a great low carb recipe for those times you get the sweet tooth. Since the high fat diet is not unhealthy as most falsely claim it to be (for most of us anyway), the flavor is not robbed here in this recipe. This is a keeper.
These were really tasty. I made these on two separate occasions, once with peppermint extract as specified in the recipe and once with almond butter instead of peanut butter. I used the Splenda baking blend, so I found that I needed almost a cup of it to obtain the perfect amount of sweetness. I also added an extra 1/2 cup of cocoa and 1 teaspoon chocolate extract to make these a bit more rich and chocolatey. It also made the consistency thicker which I preferred. Thanks for sharing this recipe!