Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are pretty good. No, they do not taste exactly like traditional chocolate chip cookies, but they're good for sweet cravings. They're somewhat like shortbread cookies, with chocolate chunks. I plan on trying to use more almond meal and less baking mix next time, as I don't care for the taste of the mix. For the chocolate, I used a mixture of hershey's sugar free dark and milk chocolates.
- In a food processor, mix together bake mix, almond meal, and splenda.
- Add butter to processor and pulse until crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg, yolk, and vanilla.
- Add the bake mix mixture to the egg mixture, a small amount at a time.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto parchment lined baking sheet and flatten slightly with a spoon.
- Bake at 325 for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool, and transfer to airtight container.
- NOTE: To make almond meal/flour, Process almonds in a food processor until fine; careful not to overprocess, or you'll end up with almond butter.
I just made these and they are great but i would recomend using dark chocolate or semi sweet chocolate chips. Other wise i love them the mixture is great.