Recipe by Chef Jewel
My husband was recently diagnosed Diabetic (and a chocaholic) as a result I needed to reform my cooking habits. So this is my answer to both situations.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 cups soy flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco (or butter)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2⁄3 cup sugar substitute
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, subsitue
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces sugarfree chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line baking sheet with Parchment paper.
- Combine almond meal, soy flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside. Beat crisco in a large bowl with electric mixer until fluffly. Add oil, sugars, eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth and creamy. With mixer on low add dry ingredients slowly until all combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Let batter stand 5 minutes.
- Drop the dough by heaping teaspoons onto prepared baking sheets. Bake until firm and golden brown about 12 minutes. Transfere to wire racks and cool completely.