Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not made this recipe.
Make and share this Low Carb Chocolate Angel Food Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 8 eggs, separated
- 6 (1 g) packets Splenda sugar substitute (up to 10 packets)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope sugar-free hot cocoa mix
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chocolate protein powder
- 1⁄4 cup soy flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Add 3 packets of splenda and beat until stiff but not dry.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yolks and remainder of Splenda (adjust to desired sweetness) and 1/2 package of the hot cocoa mix.
- Add 1/2 Tbsp cocoa and mix well.
- Blend a spoonfool of the white mixture into the yolk mixture.
- Pour the yolk mixture over the whites and sift the remaining cocoa mix, cocoa powder, protein powder and soy flour over this.
- Fold all of this together lightly.
- spoon into a small bundt pan or loaf pan that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until firm, careful not to overbake.
I loved this! I only had vanilla protein powder, but it worked fine. Next time I would add a little cocoa. I may also bake in an angel food cake pan and turn upside down after baking to keep it from delating (which is what happens in a greased loaf pan. Thanks for a healthy option to my favorite cake.