Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Phases 3-4. From The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook. Per Serving: 13g net carbs, 18g carbs, 5g fiber, 41g protein, 19g fat, 410 calories
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, cubed
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (or white)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into squares
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into squares
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 medium pineapple, fresh, cubed
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce, low carb version
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over very high heat.
- Add pork and stir-fry until browned on all sides, about 2 minute.
- Add onion and bell peppers; saute until just soft, about 3 minute.
- Add garlic and saute until fragrant; about 30 seconds.
- Add pineapple, tamari, hoisin sauce, and chili sauce; cook until sauce thickens, about 3 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in sesame oil.
- Serve over lettuce and garnish with sesame seeds.