Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a low carb version of stir-fry cabbage - it doesn't need to swim in a sweetened cornstarch sauce. It just requires vegetables, oil and seasonings and is an easily adaptable recipe using other vegetables you have on hand. We often have it with grilled pork.
- 1 head green cabbage
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 lb brown button mushroom
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons roasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, with stems
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- Shred the cabbage, chop the onion, slice the mushrooms and the garlic.
- Chop the cliantro leaves and set about 1/3 of the leaves aside with the chopped scallions.
- Chop the cilantro stems and add to the bulk of the chopped leaves.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saute pan or wok, on medium high heat.
- Add the vegetables and stir until they just start to brown, then lower the heat, continuing to stir until vegetables just tender.
- Add the chopped cilantro leaves and stems.
- Add the Splenda, lemon pepper, soy sauce and sesame oil and stir until all heated through.
- Remove from heat and serve garnished with the reserved chopped cilantro leaf and chopped scallion mixture.
- Other additions: fresh pea pods, sliced celery, sliced red or green bell pepper.
- Red pepper flakes or chile oil may be added if you like it fiery.
- You may make a main dish out of this by mixing it with stir-fried chicken or pork.
this was good, made with real sugar tho. made for Pac fall 2007