1 hr 20 mins
Barbara Polowetz's Note:
Extremely low carb Chinese hot and sour soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 6 ounces sliced fresh white button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (mixed with 5 tbs. water)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced bamboo shoots (drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts (drained)
- 8 dried shiitake mushroom caps (soaked in a little hot water for 1/2 hour, squeezed dry and then sliced; add water mushrooms were so)
- 16 ounces silken tofu or 16 ounces extra firm tofu (diced and drained)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar (or regular white)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Add chicken broth, soy sauce, garlic chili sauce and both kinds of mushrooms to dutch oven.
- 2Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Add bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, tofu, white pepper, sesame oil and cornstarch mixture.
- 4Simmer 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Chinese Hot & Sour Soup
Serving Size: 1 (760 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.6
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1872.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar