This is a very simple recipe to satisfy the chile rellenos craving if you are doing low carb. Similar recipes on this site use soy flour. This one does not.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Steam the chili pepper for about 10 minutes until they have softened. You can also choose to char them instead. Let them cool.
- 2Slice each pepper lengthwise, removing the stem. Cut the pepperjack cheese into 8 equal chunks and then stuff a chunk into each pepper. (I cut them to make them fit lengthwise.) Place in a greased casserole. I use a small lasagna pan.
- 3Beat the eggs, cream and salt until blended, then pour over the peppers.
- 4Top with the cheddar cheese.
- 5Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before eating.
- 6Can be frozen.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Chile Rellenos, Flourless
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.6
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 150.6 mg
- Sodium 426.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 14.3 g