This was very good and much easier than stuffing the cheese into the chiles, but with pretty much the same flavor of the traditional method. If you don't care for hot food, you could use plain Monterey jack cheese instead of the pepper-jack. For myself I added more pepper. You can see Linda's receipe at; www.genaw.com/lowcarb/chile_relleno_casser ole.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease an 8x8" baking pan.
- 2Slice each chile along one long side and open flat.
- 3Arrange half of the chiles in the bottom of the baking pan, skin side down, in a single layer.
- 4Top with the pepper-jack cheese.
- 5Arrange the remaining chiles over the cheese, skin side up.
- 6Beat the eggs, cream and salt well.
- 7Pour evenly over the chiles.
- 8Top with the cheddar cheese.
- 9Bake at 350Âº for 35 minutes, until golden brown.
- 10Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top Mexican Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Chile Relleno Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 286.8
- Calories from Fat 210
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 140.5 mg
- Sodium 424.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 14.2 g