Shannon Holmes's Note:
This is one of my favorite recipes, made vegetarian. This can be made vegan with vegan shredded cheese and soy sour cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -3 ounce of lightlife chicken strips or 1 -3 ounce homemade chicken textured vegetable protein, chunks
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 large low-carb flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup delsunshine cheddar and jack soy cheese or 1/4 cup your favorite cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped drained defrosted frozen spinach
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3 black olives, sliced
- 1Heat skillet to medium high with the oil.
- 2Saute the"chicken" until golden.
- 3Set aside.
- 4Lay the tortilla flat, sprinkle half of the tortilla with cheese, then the spinach, then onion, olives and cooled"chicken".
- 5Fold in half, it will look like a half moon or a capital D.
- 6Heat the skillet again to high (it needs to be big enough for the tortilla folded in half to fit).
- 7Crisp the quesadilla until golden on one side, turn and repeat with other side.
- 8Top as desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Chicken Spinach Vegetarian Quesadilla
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.1
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 19.8 mg
- Sodium 144.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-carb flour tortillas