Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is one of my favorite recipes, made vegetarian. This can be made vegan with vegan shredded cheese and soy sour cream.
- 1 -3 ounce of lightlife chicken strips or 1 -3 ounce homemade chicken textured vegetable protein, chunks
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 1 large low-carb flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup delsunshine cheddar and jack soy cheese or 1⁄4 cup your favorite cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped drained defrosted frozen spinach
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped onion
- 3 black olives, sliced
- sour cream or yogurt
- Heat skillet to medium high with the oil.
- Saute the"chicken" until golden.
- Set aside.
- Lay the tortilla flat, sprinkle half of the tortilla with cheese, then the spinach, then onion, olives and cooled"chicken".
- Fold in half, it will look like a half moon or a capital D.
- Heat the skillet again to high (it needs to be big enough for the tortilla folded in half to fit).
- Crisp the quesadilla until golden on one side, turn and repeat with other side.
- Top as desired.
I made this today for lunch it was wonderful. I doubled the spinich and it was great. Thank you so much for the post