Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
After being on the Atkins Diet for almost a year, I've perfected this recipe after a couple of colds!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons chicken base (I like the chicken base that moist and paste like)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with the garlic salt and pepper.
- In a 5 qt sauce pan, heat butter and be careful not to burn it.
- Brown both sides of thighs in the butter and add chicken base.
- pour broth over the chicken and bring to a boil and keep boiling until chicken is cooked through.
- chop all vegetables.
- remove chicken from the broth, and add veggies to the pot.
- chop the chicken into chunks and remove bones and return to the broth.
- simmer until the veggies are tender and season the broth to taste.
- (i sometimes add another tablespoon of butter to the broth to make it more rich).