Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a recipe I came up with a while back but there are lots of variations depending on what kind of filling you want to use. Its a good way to use up leftovers too. I was wanting a sandwich pocket type food but eating low carb makes that difficult sometimes. Once I came up with the first variation, there were lots of different ones that came to mind. This is also good using eggs with bacon bits instead of chicken and cooked ground beef with hamburger toppings is very yummy too! If you don't have an indoor grill, this can also be made by cooking in the oven at 350F for about 10 minutes or on the stove in a pan over medium heat with nonstick spray cooking for 5 minutes on each side.
- Preheat your indoor grill. (I use a George Foreman grill). If you do not have an indoor grill, preheat oven to 350F or preheat a skillet on stove on medium.
- Chop or slice chicken into small, bite sized pieces. You can use grilled chicken, leftover cooked chicken or canned chicken for this recipe.
- I use 1/4 cup frozen peppers and onions blend but fresh or frozen and thawed works. Pat the veggies dry so they do not make the wrap soggy.
- Most deli cheeses are sliced to be roughly 20g but you can either slice or shred your own, if you prefer.
- I use low carb wraps that are between 4 and 6 net carbs but, if you are not watching your carb count, any tortilla will work for this.
- Lay your cheese on the wrap. Top with chicken and onion/pepper blend. Add any spices or seasonings you prefer. (I love Mrs. Dash Chipole seasoning mix on everything.).
- Carefully fold the bottom and top ends about 1-1.5" into the middle. Then carefully fold the sides to the middle, making it look sort of like an egg roll. If you prefer, you can fold each side so it ends up looking like a square on one side. We are just trying to make sure the filling is completely covered by the wrap.
- Once the grill is good and hot, place the folded side down on the grill either at an angle or sideways. Close the lid and cook for about 5 minutes. It will have grill lines on the outside when done. Try to watch to make sure the cheese doesn't leak out.