Recipe by sammie_miles
This is a recipe that I just made by accident and it is fantastic for those of us on a Low Carbohydrate diet.
Top Review by Princess Pea
Good recipe! It is great as is, but I ended up adding some seasonings to our taste (1 tsp. mustard & some Tony's seasoning), and it actually tastes like delicious potato salad to us. This recipe provided a very tasty low carb lunch. Thanks!
- 1 rutabaga (cut up and boiled until tender)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 2 kosher dill pickles
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 3 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 -3 tablespoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel waxy covering off of rutabaga and cut in3to smaller pieces to boil until tender.
- Mash 1/2 of the rutabag with a tablespoon butter, cream and add salt and pepper to taste. Leave a little lumpy like you would for potato salad. Set aside.
- Chop pickles add to rutabagas.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and add to rutabaga.
- Add 3-4 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise (to taste).
- Squeeze 2 limes and add the juice to the above mixture.
- Stir well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Can be eaten with a fork as an entree,as a dip for celery or English cucumber or with Pork Skins as dip.