1 hr 5 mins
Chef #478189's Note:
This is a recipe that I just made by accident and it is fantastic for those of us on a Low Carbohydrate diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel waxy covering off of rutabaga and cut in3to smaller pieces to boil until tender.
- 2Mash 1/2 of the rutabag with a tablespoon butter, cream and add salt and pepper to taste. Leave a little lumpy like you would for potato salad. Set aside.
- 3Chop pickles add to rutabagas.
- 4Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and add to rutabaga.
- 5Add 3-4 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise (to taste).
- 6Squeeze 2 limes and add the juice to the above mixture.
- 7Stir well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 8Can be eaten with a fork as an entree,as a dip for celery or English cucumber or with Pork Skins as dip.
Browse Our Top Kosher Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.6
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.9 mg
- Sodium 543.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: