This is a delicious dish I first tasted at Belisio's in Duluth, MN. It is very easy and healthy! The leftover chicken is wonderful sliced over greens with the sauce drizzled on top like a dressing. You can do the full carb version by substituting wheat flour for the soy flour. I prefer the texture of the soy flour, it browns better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butterfly the chicken breasts by cutting their thickness in half. You can also have your butcher do this for you. They just need to be thin so they cook faster.
- 2Heat the olive oil and 2 Tbsp of the butter in a medium to large pan.
- 3Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Then dredge in the soy flour and fry in pan.
- 4Cook the chicken for 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and keep warm by placing in microwave. You may need to cook the chicken in batches depending on the size of your pan.
- 5After all the chicken has been cooked, deglaze the pan with the chicken broth and lemon juice. Scrape all the bits from the bottom of the pan. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- 6Add the chicken back into the sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- 7Remove the chicken to the plate again. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp of butter and the capers to the sauce.
- 8Place the chicken back in the pan. Ready to eat!
- 9Very good with any vegetable on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Chicken Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.7
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 98.9 mg
- Sodium 355.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 37.3 g