Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious dish I first tasted at Belisio's in Duluth, MN. It is very easy and healthy! The leftover chicken is wonderful sliced over greens with the sauce drizzled on top like a dressing. You can do the full carb version by substituting wheat flour for the soy flour. I prefer the texture of the soy flour, it browns better.
- Butterfly the chicken breasts by cutting their thickness in half. You can also have your butcher do this for you. They just need to be thin so they cook faster.
- Heat the olive oil and 2 Tbsp of the butter in a medium to large pan.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Then dredge in the soy flour and fry in pan.
- Cook the chicken for 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Transfer to a plate and keep warm by placing in microwave. You may need to cook the chicken in batches depending on the size of your pan.
- After all the chicken has been cooked, deglaze the pan with the chicken broth and lemon juice. Scrape all the bits from the bottom of the pan. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to the plate again. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp of butter and the capers to the sauce.
- Place the chicken back in the pan. Ready to eat!
- Very good with any vegetable on the side.
I followed this recipe exactly, but I found it was far to lemony for my taste. I think I would try it again, as the recipe seemed good, but I would definitely cut back on the lemon juice. Maybe 1/4 cup, or even less.