From The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook. Per Serving: 4 net carbs, 8 total carbs, 4g fiber, 37g protein, 38g fat, 520 calories
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup atkins cuisine baking mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 lbs london broil beef, cut into 1/4-inch slices and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, fresh (optional)
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges (optional)
- 1Make sure steaks are patted dry before coating so they become nice and crunchy.
- 2Whisk baking mix, garlic powder, paprika, 1 tsp salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- 3Whisk eggs, buttermilk, and 1/2 tsp salt in another shallow bowl.
- 4Heat oil in large, heavy skillet over med-high heat until very hot.
- 5Dredge steaks in seasoned baking mix and shake off excess.
- 6Dip in egg wash, shake off excess, and dredge in baking mix.
- 7Fry steaks in 2 batches until golden brown, turning once, about 3 min per side.
- 8Transfer to a warm platter and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Chicken Fried Steak - 4 Net Carbs
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.2
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 136.9 mg
- Sodium 904.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 28.7 g