Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook. Per Serving: 4 net carbs, 8 total carbs, 4g fiber, 37g protein, 38g fat, 520 calories
- 1 cup atkins cuisine baking mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs london broil beef, cut into 1/4-inch slices and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, fresh (optional)
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges (optional)
- Make sure steaks are patted dry before coating so they become nice and crunchy.
- Whisk baking mix, garlic powder, paprika, 1 tsp salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Whisk eggs, buttermilk, and 1/2 tsp salt in another shallow bowl.
- Heat oil in large, heavy skillet over med-high heat until very hot.
- Dredge steaks in seasoned baking mix and shake off excess.
- Dip in egg wash, shake off excess, and dredge in baking mix.
- Fry steaks in 2 batches until golden brown, turning once, about 3 min per side.
- Transfer to a warm platter and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.