For me, this is a good unexpected company dinner. I normally have everything for this already in my pantry and freezer, so it just takes me a few minutes to throw everything together and pop it in the oven. Served with a salad and brown and serve dinner rolls (for those not eating low carb) and we're ready to sit down to a nice dinner that everyone really enjoys!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/4 cup flour (or a low carb thickener)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sherry wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli, thawed and lightly chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cauliflower, thawed and chopped
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cubed (season with a little dried mustard, salt & pepper)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 11. In a small saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter. Add flour, stirring until blended. Stir in the cream and cooking sherry and Dijon mustard; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 more minutes. Blend in soup until smooth; remove from the heat and set aside.
- 22. Place broccoli in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover with chopped cauliflower and then half of the sauce. Top with chicken. Stir shredded cheese into remaining sauce; pour over the chicken.
- 33. Melt the remaining butter and drizzle over the casserole. Sprinkle the parmesan evenly over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Carb Chicken Divan
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.6
- Calories from Fat 437
- Total Fat 48.6 g
- Saturated Fat 27.2 g
- Cholesterol 185.4 mg
- Sodium 1024.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 33.0 g